The specifications for a turbine rating will depend on the particular aircraft used for the conversion and whether it would be a Class or Type rating. A PPL would be the only requirement over and above what is specified below depending on the training required to be completed.
The below requirements will depend on the type of aircraft you choose to fly.
- We recommend a minimum of 10 hours for the initial Helicopter Turbine training,
- CPL or 200 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters or the helicopter type rating
- multi-pilot operation training and certificate for multi-pilot aircraft.
SINGLE-ENGINE AIRCRAFT CLASS RATING
- Flight training must be conducted in an aircraft.
- A practical training syllabus is followed for single engine aeroplanes and helicopters respectively.
Class Rating Requirements
- 100 hours as pilot-in-command of aeroplanes for multi-engine class ratings.
- Flight training is required for initial and differences training and familiarisation purposes.
The multi pilot operations training is only required for the first multi-pilot aircraft rating.
AEROPLANE MULTI-ENGINE CLASS RATING
A practical training syllabus is followed for multi-engine aeroplanes.
- Flight Training consists of at least 6 hours in an aeroplane or approved simulator.
- 3 hours of the training must be conducted in an aeroplane.
Helicopter Multi-engine type or class rating
- Flight training must be conducted in helicopter.