A Night Rating qualifies a pilot to fly at night in fine weather conditions.
Should you wish to obtain an aeroplane Commercial Pilot Licence, you are required to have a night rating.
Night Rating Requirements:
- A valid Private Pilot /Commercial Pilot Licence
- Pass the SACAA online exam
- Complete 5 hours of Ground School
- Complete 10 hours basic IF (Instrument) training, of which 5 hours can be completed on a simulator
- Night flight training, which includes a cross country flight and simulated emergencies
- 5 take off and landings
- Practical flight test
Note: Students must achieve pass of 75% for the online exam.