Benefits of Simulator Training
- Cost effective to incorporate Simulator Training in your training courses
- Handling performance is in line with the specific aircraft type
- Simulators offer an up to date navigation database and high-resolution graphics for major airports
- A wide range of weather phenomena and a range of system and mechanical failures can be simulated during training
We offer training on our Elite S723T FNPT II MCC simulator, based on the Airbus AS-355 Twin Engine Helicopter. The simulator offers, Colour Weather Radar, Radio Altimeter, Garmin 430 GPS and auto-pilot. It offers a level of realism comparable to more expensive simulator types and is fully EASA/SACAA compliant.
Our Elite Evolution S923 Aeroplane FNPT II MCC simulator was the first to be introduced into Africa. It offers a cost-effective way to train and meet your Instrument Flying training requirements. It is fully EASA compliant and exceeds the requirements as laid down by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA).
Elite S723T FNPT II MCC
- Generic multi-engine turbine helicopter capabilities
Elite Evolution S923 Aeroplane FNPT II MCC
- Piper Arrow IV (single-engine piston)
- Piper Seneca III (multi-engine piston)
- King Air B200 (multi-engine turbo-prop)
General Information that you should know
- Instrument revalidation checks must be carried out annually by an SACAA Designated Flight Examiner, in line with approved testing procedures and may be completed on our simulators.
- Aspects of the initial Instrument rating skills test that cannot be conducted in an aeroplane or helicopter may be conducted in our simulators.
Helicopters and Aeroplanes Training Credits
In accordance with the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA), you can obtain the following:
- 5 hours towards an initial PPL and Night Rating
- 20 hours towards an initial Instrument Rating (on the Aeroplane simulator)
- 30 hours towards an initial Instrument Rating (on the Helicopter simulator)
- 25 hours towards an ATPL
- 3 hours of training towards an Instrument Rating in another category
- Maximum of 3 hours of dual flight training may be acquired towards a multi-engine class rating