DGCA Pilot Training
Commercial Pilot Training
A DGCA Commercial Pilot License CPL(A) qualifies a pilot to carry passengers or cargo for remuneration. The
CPL ME/IR course duration is approximately 12 months. This may, however, vary for each individual student.
- 18 years of age to obtain your CPL
- Hold a valid Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Have a Night Rating
- Complete a minimum of 200 hours of flight time
- Hold a Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Meet the English Language Proficiency standards.
- 100 hours as pilot in command.
- 5 hours as pilot in command night flying
- 20 hours cross country
- 40 hours of instrument instruction time, 20 hours to be completed in our approved simulator.
- 20 hrs Instruction in a complex aircraft (PA28 or C172r).
- 15 hours instruction in a Multi Engine (PA34/44)
- Pass a practical skills flight test with a Designated Flight Examiner.
- Total hours: 220
Ground School Subjects
- Instruments and Electronics
- Air Law
- Flight Planning and Performance
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Aircraft Technical and General
- General Radio Telephony Certificate
- Radio and Navigation Aid