Oil and Gas History
South Africa – 2019
- We supported a Qatar based company on the Total E&P, operating 2 Agusta Westland AW139 helicopters and providing transport and standby medical evacuation services, in support of the oil and gas offshore drilling operations in South Africa.
Namibia – 2018
- Medevac standby and crew changes for PGS in support of GALP for a 3D seismic campaign in Swapkopmund, Namibia.
Mozambique – 2017
- Supported Sasol with medevac standby from Vilanculos for an exploration
Namibia and South Africa – 2014
- Provided rig transfers and medevac standby to Polarcus in support of their drilling
- Subcontracted by Bayair in support or Repsol, Terrace Bay, Namibia for offshore support and
- Helicopter support to Total Exploration, South Africa. Two AW139 helicopters mobilised from
- Reopened the remote base in the north of Namibia in support of Repsol for two well drilling campaigns and PGS for 3D seismic
Namibia – 2013
- Three Bell 412 helicopters were dispatched in support to HRT for well drilling in Our crew performed in harsh conditions operating in conjunction with Namibian partners, Bayair.
Guinea, Namibia and Mozambique – 2012
- Bell 212 mobilised to Conakry, Guinea, to service the AGR
- Bell 212 ferried to Walvis Bay, Namibia, in support of a geophysical survey vessel 120 miles
- Bell 212 provided medevac standby to the Polarcus geophysical
- Offshore helicopter support and medevac services to Senergy in Opuwa
- Sasol contract conducting offshore passenger changeover and medevac services in Beira, Mozambique
South Sudan, South Africa and the Republic of Guinea – 2011
- Oil and Gas support for Petrodar in South Sudan continued, with the primary focus on passenger and freight transfer day and night requiring NVG medevac
- The S92 mobilised from Durban, South Africa, to Greenland via ship, for a six-month oil and gas
- Offshore contract in the Republic of Guinea for AGR Petroleum Two Puma aircraft required on day/night support for offshore crew changeovers, logistical support and 24/7 medevac standby.
Mozambique, Madagascar and Namibia – 2010
- Support of the offshore drilling campaign for CGG Veritas, to conduct offshore crew changes, transportation of freight and equipment as well as medevac standby.
- Mozambique operations continued for the offshore drilling campaign after the platform had moved
- Puma aircraft were mobilised to Madagascar for offshore support of a seismic vessel requiring crew changes and logistical and medevac
- The S92 was deployed to Walvis Bay, Namibia to conduct exploration support for CGG Veritas, a long-distance operation requiring special flight and fuel planning to the Geowave Master, a ship positioned 200Nm
Namibia and Mozambique – 2008
- Oil exploration on the Namibian coastline entailing drilling rig support, medevac standby and passenger and freight transportation.
- Oil exploration off the Mozambique coastline involving medevac standby and passenger and freight transportation.
- Both contracts were operated from remote airfields which required Starlite to provide a complete base infrastructure, operational oversite, flight following, onsite maintenance and logistics as well as fuel supply, crew accommodation and meals.
South Sudan – 2007
Contracted to provide a support service to Petrodar to their production facility in South Sudan. The operation was managed out of Khartoum, the primary role of this mission, to transport company employees and freight to oil
Vietnam – 2003 to 2004
We were part of a joint venture partnership with Bristow Helicopters in a support role for an offshore oil programme, based at Vung Tau Airport. The contract involved the transfer of freight and passengers to offshore platforms.