What are the minimum requirements to obtain a drone licence / RPL?
Before you start your training
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Be in the possession of a Class 3 Medical Certificate, which must be obtained prior to the commencement of your training course. We will assist with arrangements for your Class 3 Aviation Medical.
- You must successfully complete an English Proficiency Exam, which includes an oral interview with examiner. Exemptions are available for students holding degrees or Matric with English as a first language. Read more about the English Language Proficiency rating.
During your training
The following will be included in your course:
Visit our FAQ Page
- You must obtain a Radio Telephony certificate
- All theoretical examinations must be successfully completed with a pass mark of above 75% for each subject.
- Successful completion of the practical flight training syllabus.
- Successful completion of a skills test conducted by the Designated Remote Examiner (DRE)