Why do I need a Drone Licence / RPL?
You will need to apply for an RPL if you aim to fly:
- a drone for commercial use or if you earn money or gain any remuneration indirectly from flying a drone (SACAA CARs Part 101).
- outside the drone safety rules for Model Aircraft (SACAA CARs Part 94).
- on a remotely piloted aircraft operator’s certificate (ROC) and are holders of a ROC.
Before you start your training
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Be in the possession of a Class 3 Medical Certificate, which must be obtained prior to the commencement of your training course. We will assist with arrangements for your Class 3 Aviation Medical.
- You must successfully complete an English Proficiency Exam, which includes an oral interview with examiner. Exemptions are available for students holding degrees or Matric with English as a first language. Read more about the English Language Proficiency rating.
During your training
The following is included in your course
- You must obtain a Radio Telephony certificate
- All theoretical examinations must be successfully completed with a pass mark of above 75% for each subject.
- Successful completion of the practical flight training syllabus.
- Successful completion of a skills test conducted by the Designated Remote Examiner (DRE)
View our Frequently Asked Questions Document
For course pricing or additional information
complete the form and we will be in touch