Helicopter Training Courses
Helicopter Pilot Training Course
We offer full-time drone courses from our campuses in Durban and Mossel Bay.
You do not require any prior experience to start our drone course. Our courses are led by a team of highly qualified ground school and flight instructors, all working within the aviation industry.
If you hold a SACAA qualification which includes a PPL, CPL or ATPL, you will not have to complete all the ground school subjects. Each of our course pages highlight which subjects you must complete.
Why do I need a Drone Licence / RPL?
YOU WILL NEED TO BE A HOLDER OF AN RPL IF YOU AIM TO FLY:
- a drone for commercial use or if you earn money or gain any remuneration indirectly from flying a drone (SACAA CARs Part 101).
- outside the drone safety rules for Model Aircraft (SACAA CARs Part 94).
- on a remotely piloted aircraft operator’s certificate (ROC).
Drone license minimum requirements
How is the drone course structured?
Once you have made your payment and selected your course date
- you will receive access to material consisting of 10 subjects and mock examinations.
- you will be required to attend ground school lectures at at our Durban Campus.
- ground school lectures will take approximately 7 working days to complete.
- during the lectures we will prepare you for your examinations.
- once you passed your examinations you will need approximately 3 days to complete the practical lessons and the flight test. This is however dependent on your skill level.
What is included in the cost of the course?
- Course material
- Mock examinations
- Final examination fees (for the first attempt – all rewrites are for your own account)
- Practical flight training
- RPL test with the Designated Flight Examiner
- SACAA licensing fees
- Courier costs for your licence
- English Proficiency Exam if required
- Lunch and refreshments during practical training days
What subjects are covered during ground school?
Are you a holder of a PPL, CPL or ATPL?
If you are a holder of valid Private Pilot Licence (PPL), Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) or Air Transportation Pilot Licence (ATPL), you will only need do the practical training, a flight test and complete the following subjects:
- Principles of Flight
- RPAS Technical and General
- Operational Procedures
- Flight Performance and Planning